:))

I am someone that is totally against walking into a store and buying a complete furniture set! I immensely enjoy hand picking every piece that enters our door. This is why it will actually take me years to complete my interior decor even in such small spaces. When my hubby and I graduate to our dream home we may possibly have to furnish rooms in this fashion, depending on how big we go but for now,  I am having so much fun exploring and trying new things. I love how creative I can be while we're renting verses when you buy a home the decisions you make are a lot more permanent and most likely more expensive to make mistakes.
There are items that we've purchased that I'll know not to buy again and great finds that I know I will always have and take with us where ever we go. From Z Gallerie frames, antique and estate sale gems to West Elm and Anthro touches; I carefully place the pieces together to this puzzle. Items may start in the bathroom and end up in the living room and shift from one corner of the room to the next. That actually happens often!!
I am OBSESSED with the details in a home. To me, that's what makes it home and not just obviously placed furniture in a room. It speaks volumes about an individual and can absolutely "speak to" guests! Have you ever been in a home where you feel uncomfortable to sit down anywhere because you might break something or the home just feels cold and unlived-in? Have you ever entered into a persons home and it makes you want to cuddle up on their big couch, wrap their throw around you, put your feet up and sip tea??? THAT is everything to me! I will drop a stack on a lavishly plush throw that feels good on your feet and like butter on your skin; trust me I have several. So with that being said, the DETAILS are what makes me ponder at night. I'm not crazy but its such an unsettling experience when something is incorrectly arranged and I have to look at it every day?! Yeah…no!
The placement has to feel right and if every time my eyes drift I smile; then I know it's in the right place.


 
There's something effortlessly grand about the finishing touches of fan pulls. (SMILING)

 
When I walk into our bathroom and I'm hit with the subtlety sweet aroma of lavender mixed with the carefully arranged color placement of potpourri. (SMILING)


Le Jardin Botanique is a municipal botanical garden located at Place Bardineau, BordeauxGirondeAquitaineFrance
One may ask why on earth does a wooden beat up box make you smile… but it does!

After being moved from beside the television to along side the couch, I feel very good about where this prized eclectic splash is placed within our living room. Vintage boxes used as a side table is every shabby chic lovers dream! (SMILING)


Searching for my next jewel! 
*Don't hesitate to send me pics of small treausures in your home that make you smile-I'll post them!




2 comments :

  1. I love the looks you shared. Very cottage chic!-A.Sanders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have truly been blessed with the "Golden Touch." Your sense of home decor is nothing short of genius. Your husband is a blessed man. I'm sure he is extremely proud of you.

      Delete