A Shabby Touch

After making the grueling decision to forsake jumping from rental to rental but rather staying put until we're ready to buy, I must be comfortable in the midst of this journey. Oh how I would love to have my long natori silk black robe drape across heated hardwood floors that extend to the balcony overlooking the heart of a treasured blue ocean. Timing is truly everything and when it is meant to be, it'll be. Until then, my efforts to convert a small city apartment into a swanky love-filled, family proof and "Kim Approved" space has it's challenges. Thrifty Shabby Chic decor holds a dear place in my heart but over time, I have evolved into a shabby/modern/glam mesh of old and new looks kind-of-gal. Lets get this out of the way first: I DO NOT HAVE HARDWOOD FLOORS and quite frankly, if I repeat myself, I may throw up in my mouth!!! In the end, I managed to organically pull off my fav looks without jeopardizing the essence of shabby designs in spite of the utter disrespect of carpet. *Interior decorating is a continual work in progress and in my opinion, a room is NEVER finished or complete. The foundation begins with a large Pottery Barn area rug and an over 6ft. iKea espresso courdoroy couch:
(Hand-crafted Lenten Rose Knobs from Anthropologie, Vintage Suitcases & Boxes from local antique shops and Michael's craft store, Eiffel Tower Book Ends from Z Gallerie)

(Vintage "H" from Kudzu Antiques, Ceramic Owls and matching decorative Glass Ball from Homegoods) The picture below shows the meat of the living room which is still in development. The two cushioned chairs are a substitute until I am able to find a mid century accent chair that I fall in love with. (Grey Throw and Pillows from Nordstrom, with the exception of the handmade crochet pillow that my mother blessed me with by knotmeup designs.)
Naturally, I love the creative process of interior design and am slowly but surely molding our current home into something that I am proud of and that makes me smile when I turn the key and enter our domain. More pics coming soon...

1 comment :

  1. I absolutely adore it!!!! You are in your element girlie!!!! When can I start telling people "I KNOW HER"!!!!! ????

    ReplyDelete